Mastering the Resume Writing Process: Writing Better, Faster, and More Efficiently
Presented by Freddie Cheek, MS Ed., NCOPE, CWDP, CCM, MCD, CPRW, CARW
Part 2: recorded on Friday, March 27, 2020
This webinar will guide attendees through 2 sessions. Each presentation offers valuable information on the steps and strategies for collecting, processing, organizing, and using client information in writing resumes and cover letters. The tips and techniques offered will enable attendees to complete writing projects in a more efficient, complete, and accelerated manner. Each presentation is a stand-alone webinar, so you can take one or both.
PART 2: Reviewing, organizing, and using submitted materials in an expedient manner.
- Marking, separating, and organizing the information, including education, experience, references, skills, and accomplishments.
- Matching and labeling skills and experience from target job postings to work into the resume job descriptions, core competencies, and accomplishments, as well as the cover letter content.
- Analyzing performance/job reviews, “attaboy” emails, awards, and references.
- Evaluating accomplishment statements to include CAR information.
- Building the documents by piecing together the marked and organized information, working from the bottom up, smoothing out the writing, and adding original phrases. (Handouts with resume writing tips and mistakes to avoid are included).
- Condensing, condensing, condensing and then proofreading, proofreading, proofreading.
Click here for details on part 1.
This webinar recording is FREE for NRWA members and $19.99 for nonmembers. Eligible for 1 CEU.
About Freddie Cheek:
Freddie Cheek, M.S. Ed., NCOPE, CWDP, CCM, MCD, CPRW, CARW, has 30 years’ experience encompassing résumé writing, job search training, career coaching, adult education, and human resources (the last 20 years as an independent career-services business owner and operator). In addition to managing her business, she serves as a contract résumé writer and job search/interview coach.
Freddie’s articles and reviews have appeared in several publications, samples of her résumés and cover letters are featured in more than 20 books, and her interview and job search advice is included in seven books, including Interview Magic and Job Search Magic. She is actively involved in her profession as a member of the National Résumé Writers’ Association (NRWA), with past roles as President of the Association of Job Search Trainers (AJST), Advisory Board member of Career Master’s Institute (CMI), and VP of Membership for Career Directors International (CDI), where she also received the prestigious CDI President’s Choice Award.
An engaging public speaker, Freddie has presented workshops for job seekers, career changers, and job search professionals at state and national conferences in the U.S. and Canada. Her presentations have been described as helpful, informative, humorous, practical, thorough, and energizing.