How I help
LISTEN | Leaning on the interviewing skills I honed for 20-plus years as a newspaper and magazine journalist, I will sit with you and listen, ask questions, be unfailingly curious and meticulous in capturing your thoughts.
LEARN | Those old reporting skills come in handy as I read and process your DISC or other strengths assessment, your existing professional branding documents and channels, and other materials where you’ve left your mark.
REFLECT | I’ll shape your skills and achievements into a cohesive, compelling story that will earn you interest and interviews.
COLLABORATE | We’ll work together to ensure your professional branding materials sound like you and represent the best of you. You’ll come away from our time together with a portable, editable document you can update with confidence.
INTEGRITY | I measure all actions by a code of ethics. Is it honest? Does it do least harm and most benefit? Is it inclusive and open?
TRANSPARENCY | I disclose all potential conflicts of interest, relationships and other information that could expose me to bias.
EMPATHY | I work in service to you and your intended audience, meeting you where you are.
ACCESSIBILITY AND INCLUSIVITY | With empathy and care, I speak up when language or actions are potentially harmful to people across many dimensions of identity.
RESPECT | No matter where you’re coming from or where you’re going, no matter what your path has been, I see you and respect you. There is no single way to achieve a goal. I value your vision and support your path.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
• NRWA 2022 Marketing Chair
• NRWA Writing Excellence Certification Preparation Program
• NRWA Writing Excellence: Student & New Grad Résumé Program
• Former editor, Columbus Monthly, Columbus Alive and daily newspapers
• Former brand journalist, The Ohio State University
• Certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, The Ohio State University
• Certificate in Culinary Arts, Washburne Culinary Institute
• Bachelor of Science in journalism, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• Work experience in media, higher education, hospitality (restaurants and catering), grocery, retail and entrepreneurship